Here’s everything you need to know about the Anytime Games 2023 Scholarship Contest. There are two prizes: one for $1,600 and one for $3,200.
Winner Announcement: We’re ecstatic to announce the winners of our 2022 essay and video contest. We were astonished with the sheer number of submissions.
It was challenging to choose only two submissions because of how many great ones there were. However, we finally were able to make a choice: Kimberly Lewis, who receives the $3,600 scholarship, and Shawn Brouillette, who got the $1,800 one. Congratulations to the lucky winners and thanks to all who entered!
How to Apply
Anytime Games isn’t only a place for people crazy about playing classic card and board games to indulge their passion—we are also committed to helping students with their educational dreams. To do that, we’re proud to announce that we’re sponsoring a scholarship contest.
To enter, select one of the eight pre-selected topics. Then, write an essay or create a video based on the topic. Two lucky participants will receive money they can use towards the college of their choice.
- Starting Date:
- January 10, 2023
- July 1, 2023
- Winner Announcement:
- July 10, 2023
The first-place winner gets a $3,200 scholarship, and second place receives $1,600.
Applicants must be:
- US citizens
- High school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited US college or students currently enrolled at an accredited US college
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Essay or Video Topics
If you're writing an essay, it must be 1,800 to 2,500 words long. You can also create a video that's 15 to 20 minutes in length. Applicants may choose from this list of topics:
- Clock Solitaire is an excellent way for kids to learn about telling time because the game uses clock numbers. Talk about the educational benefits of other card games.
- TriPeaks Solitaire achieved widespread appeal after being included in the Microsoft Solitaire collection in 1989. Soon, people from coast to coast played this game on their computers. In fact, Solitaire is the most used Microsoft program besides Word and Excel. Why do you think this game achieved a massive following in so little time?
- Come up with 10 variations of Golf Solitaire and describe how to play them in detail.
- May 22 is National Solitaire Day. On this occasion, competitions are held to celebrate this pastime and its variations, including Spider Solitaire. Discuss creative ways players can celebrate this event.
- Write a script or film a video where playing Spades is part of the action.
- Initially, Yahtzee didn't do well commercially because its allure couldn't be captured in an advertisement. However, once the manufacturer organized parties where people played the game, it took off like a rocket. Create your own game and how you would creatively market it to get the word out.
- Klondike Solitaire is named after the Klondike Gold Rush in Canada. Create your own card game based on a well-known historical event, including the rules.
- Yukon Solitaire is a variation of Klondike Solitaire with slightly adjusted rules. Take another well-known card game and come up with a new version.