Here are the official rules for the Anytime Games 2022 Scholarship Program. We’re offering a $1,600 and a $3,200 prize!
How to Apply
Because Anytime Games has a keen passion for helping students achieve academic excellence, we’re sponsoring a scholarship contest. To enter, choose one of the six thought-provoking questions from our list. Your answer to the question needs to be in the form of an essay or video. Two lucky winners will receive cash they can use towards tuition at the college of their choice.
Anytime Games is a place for individuals who love playing classic card and board games to hang out. From tri peaks solitaire to spades to golf solitaire, you’ll find lots of fun things to do on our site!
- Starting Date:
- June 10, 2022
- December 31,2022
- Winner Announcement:
- January 10, 2023
The first-place winner gets a $3,200 scholarship, and second place receives $1,600.
Applicants must be:
- US citizens
- High school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited US college or students currently enrolled at an accredited US college
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Essay or Video Topics
If you're writing an essay, it must be 1,800 to 2,500 words long. You can also create a video that's 15 to 20 minutes in length. Applicants may choose from this list of topics:
- Clock Solitaire is named that because the card layout looks like a clock face. Come up with your own card game with a layout that looks like another household object and briefly describe the rules.
- There have been tons of movies about poker, but few (if any) about solitaire. We at Anytime Games think it’s high time to change all that! That’s why we’re asking you to write a script or shoot a short film that prominently features TriPeaks Solitaire.
- Golf Solitaire is called that because just like golf, players try to get the least amount of points over nine holes (deals). Create another game that combines golf with cards and describe the gameplay. Be as imaginative as you can!
- Spider Solitaire’s name comes from its tableaux that looks like a spider’s eight legs. Because Anytime games loves sci-fi movies almost as much as we love card games, we’d like you to create a cinematic, futuristic fantasy in either script or video form with “Spider Solitaire” as the title of the flick.
- Most people play card games because they’re an enjoyable way to pass the time. However, an astute observer can glean important life lessons from them. What can the game of Spades teach us?
- When Yahtzee debuted on the world stage back in 1956, it was a commercial flop because the game’s appeal couldn’t be easily conveyed in a television commercial. ES Lowe, the owner of the company, came up with a brilliant marketing strategy to get people interested in playing the game: Yahtzee parties. The excitement of passionate Yahtzee players proved to be contagious, and this enthusiasm spread across the planet like wildfire. What were some other game marketing strategies that were ingenious?